Dark chocolate and cherries are always a winning combination. The fragrant sour cherry molasses combines beautifully with dark chocolate. The process here is really simple so it’s a great quick fix to finish a meal and can be made in advance. We like to use ramekins or teacups for these.
Makes 4 medium servings
Ingredients for the chocolate pots:
• 250ml double plant cream
• 30g soft brown sugar
• pinch fine sea salt
• 250g dark chocolate (minimum 54%), chopped into small pieces or chips
• 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp Belazu sour cherry molasses
Ingredients for the cherry compote:
• 100g pitted black cherries
• 30g caster sugar
• 20ml Belazu sour cherry molasses
• 60 ml whipped plant cream
• Few pieces of dark chocolate for grating
• In a small saucepan, warm the cream, muscovado sugar, pinch of salt, vanilla extract and sour cherry molasses to a medium heat, stirring often until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat.
• Add the chocolate pieces and stir until it becomes glossy.
• Portion into cups or ramekins and leave to set for an hour or so in the fridge
While the chocolate is chilling, make the cherry compote:
• In a small pan add the frozen cherries and caster sugar and cook on a low heat stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn’t burn.
• Cook for 10-15 mins or until the cherries have cooked through, released most of their liquid and the sauce has thickened slightly.
• Remove from the heat and stir in the Belazu Sour Cherry Molasses, then allow to cool.
• If you are making this in advance, store the cherries in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
• To serve, top each pot with whipped cream, a scoop of cherry compote and finish with a light grate of dark chocolate.